This afternoon I felt anxious. It wasn’t an overwhelming feeling, but I could feel that change in my head. I couldn’t work out why. I’ve had a lovely weekend away with my family & some amazing friends. So I headed for a little lay down.
When I woke up we got in the car & as I write this we’re travelling home, probably a 4 hour journey. There had been an accident so we’d had to set off later than we had intended & then it hit, like a brick, everything once, as I was feeling like it the song came on & every word felt like me Shawn Mendes It isn’t in my blood
Millie starts her SATs tomorrow, 3 days that she needs good sleep (and we’re going to get home late, so of course I’m now thinking I’m the worst mum in the world)
- I feel so safe when I’m with Nigel & the girls. I’m a little worried about separation anxiety after being looked after all weekend
- Tomorrow my pre-record interview might be on the Radio which I loved, but it’s still nerve wracking to wait & hear what everyone thinks
And then the mole hills become mountains:
- School uniforms? Have I ironed them all?
- I haven’t re-ordered my travel pass, so I need to get cash out to get to work tomorrow
- I need to stay calm for Millie
- I need to be organised on her behalf
All of these things I have 2 options:
- I can’t change it so I need to accept it & manage it
- The other “little problems” I can solve
So with only driving an hour I’ve already put some plans into place for the things I can impact. A simple song came on the radio once again & had once again changed my thinking, but for the better This is Me “The Greatest Showman”
Music is so powerful so my next blog is going to explain what I mean & I will share some of my favourites & what they mean to me.