I’ve seen this onAshleigh’s blogs which I love & she was tagged by Discovering Your Happiness for Get To Know Me Tag, a chance to get to know our fellow bloggers a little bit better. So let’s just get right to it! And to put a bit of a twist on it, I’m going to try to use an emoji for every answer.
• What are my strengths?
My kids, they provide me with strength on days I can’t find it. A personal strength is possibly empathy 😍
• What are my short term goals?
To become healthier, eating & fitness wise
• What are my long term goals?
To make a positive impact on the stigma & treatment of those with mental health illness
• Who matters the most to me?
My children, I’m fortunate to have 2 beautiful daughters & a supportive husband who gets more supportive every day
• What am I ashamed of?
My failures, making mistakes, letting people down, my kids seeing me when I’m anxious or sad
• What do I like to do for fun?
Playing board games with the kids, films when I can zone out & after this weekend especially, spending time with my friends, laughing
• What new activities am I willing to try?
• What am I worried about?
For too much to to mention here but mostly letting down my girls
• What are my values?
That my kids need to come first, always
• If I had one wish, it would be…?
To start DBT now instead of being on a 2 year waiting list as I think this will help me to be a better mum
• Where do I feel the safest?
On my sofa at home under my Disney blanket
• What or who gives me comfort?
My daughters, my husband & my friends
• If I was afraid, I would…?
Not leave my sofa
• What is my proudest accomplishment?
• Am I a night owl or early bird?
I have a bad relationship with sleep, too much or none. So I can be both without warning or reason
• What does my inner critic tell me?
That I’m not enough & I won’t ever get “well”
• What do I do to show my self, self-care?
My hair & now my nails again
• Am I an introvert or extrovert?
Again, with a personality disorder I can be both, but generally I prefer to be at home with my slippers on just with my little family
• What am I passionate about?
Helping others who suffer with mental health illness & I’m very passionate about trying to get better
• What do my dreams tell me?
Nothing but they are very random & vivid
• What is my favourite non-fiction book?
Probably Fearne Cotton Happy & I’m looking forward to Calm
• What is my favourite fiction book?
I love all Mark Billlingham’s books on Thorne (just bought 3 more). Can’t beat a crime thriller
• What is my favourite movie?
Deadpool! I love marvel & it’s not long for Deadpool 2 – Yey!
• What is my favourite band?
Probably the original 90’s Take That, even though I still go to see them now as 3. But I also love Rudimental & Clean Bandit
• What is my favourite food?
• What is my favourite colour?
• What am I grateful for?
• When I am feeling down, I like to?
Zone out to a film or read a book
• I know I am stressed when?
I talk quickly, eat a lot more junk & can’t think clearly. I get my “cloudy head”
I hope you know more about me now. Give it a go if you like x